Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Have We Grown Too Fond Of Technology?

I'm listening to some lady talk to Ira Flato about "Have We Grown Too Fond Of Technology?"

I just have to vent my annoyedness here. First of all I'm just tired of listening to so many shows about communication technology, it's just a worn out topic. Secondly, she's trying to make an argument to regulate people as if sending too many text messages (instead of talking?) is dangerous. Dude, it does not matter. Verbal communication is a relatively new invention, it also does not matter - I mean it's not dangerous. It did change us, but it's not something we need to run away from. Human are pretty nuts as far as I can tell, and they were nuts before they used cell phones, and they will continue to be nuts after. They are basically slime mold on the planet, and they are wiring up a pretty decent nervous system with their internet and cell phone technology - taking it to the next level of super organism - again where the individuals have little or no concept of the whole.

No comments: