Friday, April 12, 2013

Coffee shop

Doing my thing working on something at coffee shop

I start overhearing two girls talking

They're like 20ish - I say this because by the time women are like 35 they are different.

One was grossing me out because she was slowly eating a giant egg sandwich - eggs are weird - they're almost not a food at all - and they smell funny - make me nauseous. I can still eat them, but only in a particular mood.

I decided to stay at the adjacent table as a sort of person challenge rather than moving.

It wasn't really a conversation they had, more like verbal diarrhea flowing effortlessly from their mouths. I feel disgust but envy also. Because truly how can people do this, it's hard for me to understand - how can you just flow through a conversation that's not really talking about anything?

This may be why I tend to drop evolutionary biological stuff into conversations when I'm there - it's like I'm trying to derail the topic off of the track and somewhere else. I was thinking if I was at the table, that's probably what I would have done.

No comments: